Paraovarian cyst is very uncommon in children, and its preoperative diagnosis is difficult. This report describes 2 cases of surgically proven paraovarian cyst with torsion. It is important to be aware of torsion as a complication of paraovarian cyst. J Pediatr Surg 37:937-940. Copyright 2002, Elsevier Science (USA). All rights reserved.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pediatric Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Pediatric case of the day. Paraovarian cysts.AJR. 1997; 169: 306-310
- Sonographic features of paraovarian cysts.AJR. 1985; 144: 83-86
- Twisted paraovarian cysts.Obstet Gynecol. 1967; 29: 113-117
- Torsion of paraovariancyst—Reports of two cases.Kurume Med J. 1991; 38: 39-43
- The origin and clinical behavior of the paraovarian tumor.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1977; 129: 873-880
- Papillary serous cystadenoma arising in a paramesonephric cyst of the paraovarium.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1976; 125: 870
- Twisted paraovarian cysts.Jpn J Med Ultrasonics. 1987; 14: 626-630
- Twisted paraovarian cyst in the puerperium: Report of a case.Can J Surg. 1967; 10: 345-347
- Broad ligament adenocarcinoma—Its origin and clinical behavior. A literature review and report of a case.Obstet Gynecol Surv. 1985; 40: 665-671
- Torsion of the hydatid of Morgani in the female.Aust N Z Surg. 1969; 38: 339-340
- Paraovarian cystadenocarcinoma: A case report.Asia-Oceania J Obstet Gynecol. 1990; 16: 131-135
- Papillary serous cystadenoma of borderline malignancy arising in a paraovarian paramesonephric cyst. Light microscopic and ultrastructual observations.Histopathology. 1983; 7: 601-611
- Sonographic diagnosis of paraovarian cysts: Value of detecting a separate ipsilateral ovary.AJR. 1995; 164: 1441-1444
- The significance of the paraovarian cyst.Virginia Med Month. 1966; 93: 18-21
- Treatment of nonendometriotic benign adnexal cysts: A randomized comparison of laparoscopy and laparotomy.Obstet Gynecol. 1995; 86: 770-774
- Normal and cystic structures of the broad ligament.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1948; 55: 917-936
- Paratubal cysts: Frequency, histogenesis and associated clinical features.Obstet Gynecol. 1985; 65: 691-694
- Analysis of paraovarian cysts of five or more in diameter over the past five years.Kanto J Obstet Gynecol. 1996; 45: 395-398
- Torsion of a paraovarian cyst complicating pregnancy; Report of a case.U S Armed Forces Med J. 1954; 5: 268
- Value of ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration in the managemant of ovarian and paraovariancysts.Diagn Cytopathol. 1999; 22: 70-80
☆Address reprint requests to Tadao Okada, MD, Department of Pediatric Surgery, Chiba University, School of Medicine, 1-8-1 Inohana, Chuo-ku, Chiba 260-8677, Japan.
© 2002 Published by Elsevier Inc.