Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention..(Cited February 19, 2008. Accessed at:)
- Scientific data, surveillance, and injury statistics. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.(Cited February 19, 2008. Accessed at:)
- The number of uninsured Americans is at an all-time high. Center on Budget and Policy Priorities.(Cited February 19, 2008. Accessed at:)
- Disparities in pediatric preventive care in the united states, 1993-2002.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2007; 161: 30-36
- Insurance status and untreated dental caries in Virginia schoolchildren.Pediatr Dent. 2007; 29: 493-499
- Hospital care for children with hydrocephalus in the United States: utilization, charges, comorbidities, and deaths.J Neurosurg Pediatrics. 2008; 1: 131-137
- National Trauma Data Bank (NTDB), Version 7.0..2007 ([Chicago (Ill). The content reproduced from the NTDB remains the full and exclusive copyrighted property of the American College of Surgeons. The American College of Surgeons is not responsible for any claims arising from works based on the original data, text, tables, or figures])
- National inventory of hospital trauma centers.JAMA. 2003; 289: 1515-1522
- The injury severity score: a method for describing patients with multiple injuries and evaluating emergency care.J Trauma. 1974; 14: 187-196
- The injury severity score: an update.J Trauma. 1976; 16: 882-885
- Race and insurance status as risk factors for trauma mortality.Arch Surg. 2008; 143: 945-949
- EMTALA (Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act).(Cited February 19, 2008. Accessed at:)
- Pediatric orthopaedic patients presenting to a university emergency department after visiting another emergency department: demographics and health insurance status.J Pediatr Orthop. 2007; 27: 690-694
- Are patients being transferred to level-I trauma centers for reasons other than medical necessity.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2006; 88: 2124-2132
- Care without coverage: is there a relationship between insurance and ED care.J Emerg Med. 2007; 32: 159-165
- The health care experience of patients with low literacy.Arch Fam Med. 1996; 5: 329-334
- Can screening items identify surgery patients at risk of limited health literacy.J Surg Res. 2007; 140: 208-213
- What accounts for differences or disparities in pediatric palliative and end-of-life care? A systematic review focusing on possible multilevel mechanisms.Pediatrics. 2008; 122: 574-582
Shafi S, Marquez de la Plata C, Diaz-Arrastia R, Shipman K, Carlile M, Frankel H, et al. Racial disparities in long-term functional outcome after traumatic brain injury. J Trauma. 2007;63(6):1263,8; discussion 1268-70.