Polyorchidism is a rare congenital anomaly. A review of literature has yielded about 100 cases. We describe a rarer case of polyorchidism consisting of 3 testes on left hemiscrotum and one normal testis in right hemiscrotum. Diagnosis and management are discussed.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pediatric Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Supernumerary testicles in a case of polyorchidism.Ann Acad Med Singapore. 2004; 33: 368-370
- Abdominal polyorchidism: a case report and review of literature.Int Urol Nephrol. 2004; 36: 407-408
- Polyorchidism: functional classification and management strategy.Urology. 1992; 39: 384-388
- Polyorchidism with normal spermatogenesis and equal sized testis. A theory of embryological development.J Urol. 1978; 120: 638-640
- Polyorchidism.Am Fam Physician. 1988; 38: 153-156
- Case report: ultrasound diagnosis of polyorchidism.Br J Radiol. 1996; 69: 78-80
- Triorchidism with normal spermatogenesis, an unusual cause for failure of vasectomy.Br J Surg. 1975; 62: 633-636
- Polyorchidism, report of a case.J Urol. 1943; 49: 710-711
- Polyorchidism: a case report and classification.J Ped Surg. 2007; 42: 1933-1935
- Polyorchidism: a meta-analysis.J Urol. 2009; 182: 2422-2427
- Polyorchidism. Pediatr Surg Int. 1998; 13: 65-66
- Polyorchidism: case report and review of literature.J Urol. 1991; 145: 370-372
- Polyorchidism with normal spermatogenesis, diagnosed preoperatively by ultrasound.Scand J Urol Nephrol. 1989; 23: 71
- Polyorchidism and torsion. A lesson from 2 cases.J Pediatr Surg. 2005; 40: 1662-1664
Accepted: December 10, 2009
Received in revised form: December 10, 2009
Received: August 7, 2009
© 2010 Elsevier Inc. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.