Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Randomized, controlled trial of antibiotics in the management of community-acquired skin abscesses in the pediatric patient.Ann Emerg Med. 2010; 55: 401-407
- Three-year surveillance of community-acquired Staphylococcus aureus infections in children.Clin Infect Dis. 2005; 40: 1785-1791
- No decrease in clindamycin susceptibility despite increased use of clindamycin for pediatric community-associated methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus skin infections.Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2007; 26: 852-854
- Emergence of community-acquired methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus skin and soft tissue infections as a common cause of hospitalization in United States children.J Pediatr Surg. 2010; 45: 1967-1974
- Hospitalizations and deaths caused by methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, United States, 1999-2005.Emerg Infect Dis. 2007; 13: 1840-1846
- Increased US emergency department visits for skin and soft tissue infections, and changes in antibiotic choices, during the emergence of community-associated methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus.Ann Emerg Med. 2008; 51: 291-298
- A high prevalence of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus among surgically drained soft-tissue infections in pediatric patients.Pediatr Surg Int. 2006; 22: 683-687
- Trends in the incidence of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infection in children's hospitals in the United States.Clin Infect Dis. 2009; 49: 65-71
HCUP Kid's Inpatient Database (KID): Health Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP), Agency For Healthcare Research and Policy, 2000, 2003 & 2006.
Calculating Kids' Inpatient Database (KID) variances. Health Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP), Agency For Healthcare Research and Policy. Methods Series Report #2005-5. Available at http://hcup-us.ahrq.gov/db/nation/kid/reports/CalculatingKIDVariances.pdf. Accessed January 20th, 2011.
Annual estimates of the resident population by selected age groups for the United States and States: July 1, 2003 and April 1, 2000 (ST-EST2003-01res). Source: Population Division, U.S. Census Bureau. Release Date: March 10, 2004.
Estimates of the population by selected age groups for the United States and States and for Puerto Rico: July 1, 2006 (SC-EST2006-01). Source: Population Division, U.S. Census Bureau. Release Date: May 17, 2007.
- Consumer price index inflation calculator.(Available at)Accessed January 20th, 2011)
- Community-acquired methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in children with no identified predisposing risk.JAMA. 1998; 279: 593-598
- Epidemiology of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus at a pediatric healthcare system, 1991-2003.Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2007; 26: 339-344
- National trends in ambulatory visits and antibiotic prescribing for skin and soft-tissue infections.Arch Intern Med. 2008; 168: 1585-1591
- Epidemiology of dermatitis and skin infections in United States physicians' offices, 1993-2005.Clin Infect Dis. 2009; 49: 901-907
- Characterization of community-acquired Staphylococcus aureus infections in children.Ann Pharmacother. 2007; 41: 1361-1367
- Sequential acquisition of toilet-training skills: a descriptive study of gender and age differences in normal children.Pediatrics. 2002; 109: E48
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project. Nationwide emergency department sample. HCUPnet Online Query System.(Available at)http://www.hcupnet.ahrq.gov/HCUPnet.jsp(Accessed January 20th)Date: 2011
☆There are no disclosures to report. MVR participates in the American College of Surgeons Clinical Scholars in Residence Program. MVR is supported by the John Gray Research Fellowship and the Daniel F. and Ada L. Rice Foundation.