The local control of neuroblastoma is a very important treatment consideration. We describe a patient who received high-dose rate 60Co remote after loading system treatment for local control of recurrent neuroblastoma and discuss the efficacy of high-dose rate 60Co remote after loading system treatment.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pediatric Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Intraoperative radiation therapy for advanced neuroblastoma: the problem of securing the IORT field.Pediatr Surg Int. 2007; 23: 1203-1207
- Revisions of the international criteria for neuroblastoma diagnosis, staging, and response to treatment.J Clin Oncol. 1993; 11: 1466-1477
- Treatment of advanced neuroblastoma with emphasis on intensive induction chemotherapy. A report from the Study Group of Japan.Cancer. 1990; 66: 1879-1887
- Treatment results of advanced neuroblastoma with the first Japanese study group protocol. Study Group of Japan for Treatment of Advanced Neuroblastoma.J Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 1999; 21: 190-197
- Electron beam intraoperative radiation therapy for pediatric neoplasm.Cancer. 1994; 74: 740-747
- Is there a benefit of 131 I-MIBG therapy in the treatment of children with stage 4 neuroblastoma? A retrospective evaluation of The German Neuroblastoma Trial NB97 and implications for The German Neuroblastoma Trial NB2004.Nuklearmedizin. 2006; 24: 145-151
- Intensified external-beam radiation therapy improves the outcome of stage 4 neuroblastoma in children > 1 year with residual local disease.Strahlenther Onkol. 2006; 182: 389-394
- Aggressive surgical therapy and radiotherapy for patients with high-risk neuroblastoma treated with rapid sequence tandem transplant.J Pediatr Surg. 2005; 40: 936-941
- Patterns of relapse after autologous purged bone marrow transplantation for neuroblastoma: a Childrens Cancer Group pilot study.J Clin Oncol. 1993; 11: 2226-2233
- Stage 4 neuroblastoma diagnosed at more than 1 year of age: gross total resection and clinical outcome.J Pediatr Surg. 1994; 29: 1162-1165
- Clinical significance of intensive surgery with intraoperative radiation for advanced neuroblastoma: does it really make sense?.J Pediatr Surg. 2003; 38: 1735-1738
- Comparison of conventional to intensity modulated radiation therapy for abdominal neuroblastoma.Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2006; 46: 739-744
- Secondary neoplasms after radiotherapy for a childhood solid tumor.Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 2005; 22: 89-101
- Intraoperative radiation therapy for high-risk pediatric neuroblastoma.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2000; 47: 985-992
- Intra-operative radiation therapy in pediatric neuroblastoma.Med Pediatr Oncol. 1997; 28: 424-428
- IORT (intraoperative radiotherapy) in neuroblastoma: experience and first results.Eur J Pediatr Surg. 2002; 12: 251-254
Accepted: July 27, 2011
Received in revised form: July 27, 2011
Received: May 8, 2011
© 2011 Elsevier Inc. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.