Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- High body mass index for age among US children and adolescents, 2003-2006.JAMA. 2008; 299: 2401-2405
- Impact of obesity on resource utilization for general surgical procedures.Annals Surgery. 2005; 241: 821-828
- Appendicitis in the obese child.J Pediatr Surg. 2007; 42: 857-861
- Single daily dosing ceftriaxone and metronidazole vs. standard triple antibiotic regimen for perforated appendicitis in children: a prospective randomized trial.J Pediatr Surg. 2008; 43: 981-985
- A complete course of intravenous antibiotics vs. a combination of intravenous and oral antibiotics for perforated appendicitis in children: a prospective, randomized trial.J Pediatr Surg. 2010; (in print)
- Initial laparoscopic appendectomy versus initial nonoperative management and interval appendectomy for perforated appendicitis with abscess: a prospective randomized trial.J Pediatr Surg. 2010; 45: 236-240
- An evidence based definition for perforated appendicitis derived from a prospective, randomized trial.Journal of Pediatric Surgery. 2008; 43: 2242-2245
- Physiologic predictors of post-operative abscess in children with perforated appendicitis: subset analysis from a prospective, randomized trial.Surgery. 2010; 147: 729-732
- Incremental hospital charges associated with obesity as a secondary diagnosis in children.Obesity. 2007; 15: 1895-1901
- Obesity in general elective surgery.Lancet. 2003; 361: 2032-2035
- Laparoscopic appendectomy is superior to open appendectomy in obese patients.Am J Surg. 2007; 194: 877-881
Presented at the Pacific Association of Pediatric Surgeons 44th Annual Meeting, Cancun, Mexico, April 10-14, 2011.