Wilms tumor rarely occurs in other sites outside the kidney. Various congenital malformations often accompany Wilms tumor, but spinal deformations are rarely seen. We report a very rare association of multiple spinal malformations, right kidney absence, and pelvic Wilms tumor in a 21-month-old girl. The report includes a brief review of relevant literature.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pediatric Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Wilms' tumor in children: an overview.Nephron Clin Pract. 2008; 108: c83-c90
Nagahara A, Kawagoe M, Matsumoto F, et al. Botryoid Wilms' tumor of the renal pelvis extending into the bladder. Urology, 2006, 67 (4): 845, e815-847.
- Extrarenal Wilms' tumor.Eur J Pediatr Surg. 1993; 3: 121-123
- Extrarenal Wilms' tumor: results of the National Wilms' Tumor Study.J Pediatr Surg. 1992; 27: 1181-1184
- A novel WT1 gene mutation associated with Wilms' tumor and congenital male genitourinary malformation.Pediatr Res. 2001; 50: 337-344
- WAGR syndrome: a clinical review of 54 cases.Pediatrics. 2005; 116: 984-988
- Denys-Drash syndrome (DDS).Pediatr Nephrol. 2006; 21: 1237-1240
- Ectopic immature renal tissue over the dorsum of lumbar and sacral area in two infants.Pediatrics. 1982; 69: 336-339
- Primary lumbosacral Wilms tumour associated with occult spinal dysraphism.Virchows Arch. 2000; 436: 502-505
- Nephroblastoma arising in a germ cell tumor of testicular origin.Am J Surg Pathol. 2004; 28: 687-692
- Association of Wilms tumour with spina bifida occulta.Eur J Pediatr. 1990; 149: 594-595
- Association of rib anomalies and malignancy in childhood.Eur J Pediatr. 1992; 151: 432-434
- Extrarenal nephroblastic proliferation in spinal dysraphism. A report of 4 cases.Pediatr Neurosurg. 1999; 31: 40-44
- Computed tomography of primary intrathecal Wilms tumor with diastematomyelia.J Comput Assist Tomogr. 1984; 8: 523-528
- Primary lumbosacral Wilms tumor associated with diastematomyelia and occult spinal dysraphism. A report of a rare case and a short review of literature.Childs Nerv Syst. 2005; 21: 240-243
- Association of wilms tumor with spinal dysraphism.J Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 2003; 20: 261-264
- Wilms' tumor associated with vertebral anomalies.J Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 2008; 30: 394-395
Accepted: May 11, 2012
Received in revised form: April 24, 2012
Received: January 18, 2012
© 2012 Elsevier Inc. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.