Gastrointestinal duplications are rare congenital anomalies. Five percent to 10% of them are found in the duodenum. Traditionally, these lesions are treated surgically using either a laparoscopic or open transduodenal approach. We present the successful endoscopic treatment of a symptomatic duodenal duplication cyst in a 9-year-old girl.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pediatric Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- The Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh, Edinburgh1733: 205 Medical essays and observations.
- Experience with gastro-intestinal duplications in childhood.Langenbeck's Arch Surg/Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Chirurgie. 2000; 385: 402-405
- Gastrointestinal duplications.in: Neill J. Rowe M. Grosfeld J. Pediatric surgery. Mosby, St Louis, MO1998: 1257-1267
- Adenocarcinoma arising in a duodenal duplication cyst: a case report.Aust N Z J Surg. 1991; 61: 551-553
- Pancreatitis caused by duodenal duplication.J Pediatr Surg. 1999; 34: 645-648
- Gastrointestinal duplications.J Pediatr Surg. 2003; 38: 740-744
- Upper gastrointestinal bleeding from a duodenal duplication: an unusual complication of a rare disease.Gastrointest Endosc. 1989; 35: 471-472
- Duodenal duplication cyst causing acute recurrent pancreatitis, managed curatively by endoscopic marsupialization.Endoscopy. 2012; 44: E117-E118
- Endoscopic management of a duodenal duplication cyst associated with biliary obstruction in an adult.J Clin Gastroenterol. 2001; 32: 353-355
- Endoscopic partial resection of a duodenal duplication cyst.Endoscopy. 2001; 33: 808-810
- Endoscopic treatment of a duodenal duplication cyst.Endoscopy. 2005; 37: 601
- Endoscopic management of a duodenal duplication cyst filled with stones and revealed by recurrent pancreatitis.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol: Official Clin Pract J Am Gastroenterol Assoc. 2007; 5: e31-32
- A case series of symptomatic intraluminal duodenal duplication cysts: presentation, endoscopic therapy, and long-term outcome (with video).Gastrointest Endosc. 2008; 67: 163-168
Accepted: July 9, 2012
Received in revised form: July 9, 2012
Received: May 24, 2012
© 2012 Elsevier Inc. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.