Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Defect size determines survival in infants with congenital diaphragmatic hernia.Pediatrics. 2007; 120: e651-e657
- Congenital diaphragmatic hernia in 120 infants treated consecutively with permissive hypercapnea/spontaneous respiration/elective repair [see comment].J Pediatr Surg. 2002; 37: 357-366
- Survival rate in congenital diaphragmatic hernia: the experience of the Canadian Neonatal Network.J Pediatr Surg. 2004; 39: 657-660
- Survival of severe congenital diaphragmatic hernia has morbid consequences.J Pediatr Surg. 2005; 40 ([discussion 45–36]): 36-45
- Postnatal management and long-term outcome for survivors with congenital diaphragmatic hernia.Prenat Diagn. 2008; 28: 592-603
- The long-term follow-up of patients with a congenital diaphragmatic hernia: a broad spectrum of morbidity.Pediatr Surg Int. 2009; 25: 1-17
- Infants with Bochdalek diaphragmatic hernia: sibling precurrence and monozygotic twin discordance in a hospital-based malformation surveillance program.Am J Med Genet A. 2005; 138A: 81-88
- Congenital diaphragmatic hernia: current status and review of the literature.Eur J Pediatr. 2009; 168: 393-406
- Prenatal detection of pulmonary hypoplasia in fetuses with congenital diaphragmatic hernia: a systematic review and meta-analysis of diagnostic studies.J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2010; 23: 579-588
- Reliability of the lung-to-head ratio as a predictor of outcome in fetuses with isolated left congenital diaphragmatic hernia at gestation outside 24–26 weeks.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2007; 197: 30e31-30e37
- Sonographic predictors of survival in fetal diaphragmatic hernia.J Pediatr Surg. 1996; 31 ([discussion 151–142]): 148-151
- Prenatal anatomical imaging in fetuses with congenital diaphragmatic hernia.Fetal Diagn Ther. 2011; 29: 88-100
- Prospective analysis of lung-to-head ratio predicts survival for patients with prenatally diagnosed congenital diaphragmatic hernia.J Pediatr Surg. 1997; 32: 1634-1636
- Use of magnetic resonance imaging in prenatal prognosis of the fetus with isolated left congenital diaphragmatic hernia.Prenat Diagn. 2012; : 1-9
- Estimating disease severity of congenital diaphragmatic hernia in the first 5 minutes of life.J Pediatr Surg. 2001; 36: 141-145
- Assessment of lung area in normal fetuses at 12–32 weeks.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 26: 718-724
- Quantitative and qualitative evaluations of fetal lung with MR imaging.Radiology. 2004; 231: 887-892
- Percent predicted lung volumes as measured on fetal magnetic resonance imaging: a useful biometric parameter for risk stratification in congenital diaphragmatic hernia.J Pediatr Surg. 2007; 42: 193-197
- Prenatal prediction of neonatal morbidity in survivors with congenital diaphragmatic hernia: a multicenter study.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2009; 33: 64-69
- Timing of lung size assessment in the prediction of survival in fetuses with diaphragmatic hernia.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2008; 31: 37-40
- Congenital diaphragmatic hernia: an evaluation of the prognostic value of the lung-to-head ratio and other prenatal parameters.Prenat Diagn. 2003; 23: 634-639
- How useful is the lung-to-head ratio in predicting outcome in the fetus with congenital diaphragmatic hernia? A systematic review and meta-analysis.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2007; 30: 897-906
- Relationship between lung-to-head ratio and lung volume in normal fetuses and fetuses with diaphragmatic hernia.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2006; 27: 545-550
- Observed to expected lung area to head circumference ratio in the prediction of survival in fetuses with isolated diaphragmatic hernia.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2007; 30: 67-71
- Value of prenatal magnetic resonance imaging in the prediction of postnatal outcome in fetuses with diaphragmatic hernia.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2008; 32: 793-799
- Prediction of chronic lung disease, survival and need for ECMO therapy in infants with congenital diaphragmatic hernia: additional value of fetal MRI measurements?.Eur J Radiol. 2012; 81: 1076-1082
- Congenital diaphragmatic hernia: predictive value of MRI relative lung-to-head ratio compared with MRI fetal lung volume and sonographic lung-to-head ratio.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2009; 192: 153-158
- ECMO in the newborn.Am J Perinatol. 2000; 17: 345-356
Lally KP: The role of ECMO in neonates with CDH. AAP Grand Rounds. 1999;2(3):28.
- The use of extracorporeal membrane oxygenation in infants with congenital diaphragmatic hernia.Semin Perinatol. 2005; 29: 40-44
Garcia A, Stolar CJ: Congenital diaphragmatic hernia and protective ventilation strategies in pediatric surgery. Surg Clin North Am. 2012;92(3):659–668, ix.
- Right-sided congenital diaphragmatic hernia: high utilization of extracorporeal membrane oxygenation and high survival.J Pediatr Surg. 2009; 44: 883-887
- Reliability of the lung-to-head ratio in predicting outcome and neonatal ventilation parameters in fetuses with congenital diaphragmatic hernia.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 25: 112-118
- Prenatal prediction of survival in isolated diaphragmatic hernia using observed to expected total fetal lung volume determined by magnetic resonance imaging based on either gestational age or fetal body volume.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2008; 32: 633-639
- Quantitative analysis of fetal pulmonary vasculature by 3-dimensional power Doppler ultrasonography in isolated congenital diaphragmatic hernia.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2006; 195: 1720-1728
- Prediction and probability of neonatal outcome in isolated congenital diaphragmatic hernia using multiple ultrasound parameters.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 39: 42-49
☆Sources of funding: A.L.M. is the recipient of an NIH (National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institutes) T35 grant.
☆☆Disclosures: None of the authors disclosed any relevant financial relationships.
★Institutional review board: approved, No. HUM00028066.