Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pediatric Surgery
- Putting the “global” back in global health.Arch Surg. 2012; 147: 404-407
- Surgery as a public health intervention: common misconceptions versus the truth.Bull World Health Organ. 2011; 89: 394
- Global surgical initiatives to reduce the surgical burden of disease.JAMA. 2012; 307: 667-668
- Global and regional burden of disease and risk factors, 2001: systematic analysis of population health data.Lancet. 2006; 367: 1747-1757
- Surgery.in: Jamison D.T. Breman J.G. Measham A.R. Disease control priorities in developing countries. 2006 ([Washington, DC])
CIA World Fact Book 2012. https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook. Accessed December 1, 2012.
- World report on child injury prevention.Inj Prev. 2008; 14: 69
- Injury prevention and the attainment of child and adolescent health.Bull World Health Organ. 2009; 87: 390-394
- Global childhood unintentional injury surveillance in four cities in developing countries: a pilot study.Bull World Health Organ. 2009; 87: 345-352
- Grand challenges in chronic non-communicable diseases.Nature. 2007; 450: 494-496
- An estimation of the global volume of surgery: a modelling strategy based on available data.Lancet. 2008; 372: 139-144
- A surgical safety checklist to reduce morbidity and mortality in a global population.N Engl J Med. 2009; 360: 491-499
- WHO guidelines for safe surgery. 9789241598552 World Health Organization, Geneva2009
United Nations and Republic of Zambia: Republic of Zambia Census, 2010. Lusaka, Zambia, 2010.
World Health Organization: WHO Integrated Management for Emergency & Essential Surgical Care (IMEESC) toolkit. http://www.who.int/surgery/publications/imeesc/en/index.html. Accessed December 1, 2012.
World Health Organization: Global Initiative for Emergency and Essential Surgical Care. http://www.who.int/surgery/globalinitiative/en/. Accessed December 1, 2012.
- Postoperative outcome of caesarean sections and other major emergency obstetric surgery by clinical officers and medical officers in Malawi.Hum Resour Health. 2007; 5: 17
- Plastic and reconstructive surgery in Zambia: epidemiology of 16 years of practice.World J Surg. 2012; 36: 241-246
- Effect of a 19-item surgical safety checklist during urgent operations in a global patient population.Ann Surg. 2010; 251: 976-980
- Global operating theatre distribution and pulse oximetry supply: an estimation from reported data.Lancet. 2010; 376: 1055-1061