- Global Surgery 2030: evidence and solutions for achieving health, welfare, and economic development.Lancet. 2015; 386: 569-624
- Foreign field hospitals in the recent sudden-onset disasters in Iran, Haiti, Indonesia, and Pakistan.Prehosp Disaster Med. 2008; 23: 144-151
- Surgical and psychosocial outcomes in the rural injured – a follow-up study of the 2001 earthquake victims.Injury. 2005; 36: 927-934
- Unmet burden of cleft lip and palate in rural Gujarat, India: a population-based study.World J Surg. 2015; 39: 41-46
- Outcomes and unmet need for neonatal surgery in a resource-limited environment: estimates of global health disparities from Kampala, Uganda.J Pediatr Surg. 2014; 49: 1825-1830
- Cleft lip and palate as a cost-effective health care treatment in the developing world.World J Surg. 2010; 34: 420-427
- Seven sins of humanitarian medicine.World J Surg. 2010; 34: 466-470
- Deaths from acute abdominal conditions and geographical access to surgical care in India: a nationally representative spatial analysis.Lancet Glob Health. 2015; 3: e646-e653https://doi.org/10.1016/S2214-109X(15)00079-0
- Global comparison of pediatric surgery workforce and training.J Pediatr Surg. 2015; 50: 1180-1183
- Bellwether procedures for monitoring and planning essential surgical care in low- and middle-income countries: caesarean delivery, laparotomy, and treatment of open fractures.World J Surg. 2016; 28 ([Epub ahead of print])
- What is the impact of multi-professional emergency obstetric and neonatal care training?.Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol. 2015; 29: 1028-1043
- A randomized trial of low-cost mesh in groin hernia repair.N Engl J Med. 2016; 374: 146-153
☆Hugh Greenwood Lecture British Association of Paediatric Surgeons.
☆☆Statement of author contribution: Dr N Roy has contributed to each phase of this manuscript, which includes study conception and design, data acquisition, analysis and data interpretation, drafting of the manuscript, and critical revision.