Level of evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pediatric Surgery
- Unreported dog bites in children.Public Health Rep. 1985; 100: 315-321
- Dog bites.BMJ. 2007; 334: 413-417
- Dog bite injuries in children: a preliminary survey.Am Surg. 1999; 65: 863-864
- Pediatric dog bites: a population-based profile.Inj Prev. 2018; ([epub ahead of print, pii: injuryprev-2017-042621.https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29439149])
CDC. Preventing dog bites, https://www.cdc.gov/features/dog-bite-prevention/index.html; 2018 [accessed November 6, 2018.
- Morbidity of pediatric dog bites: a case series at a level one pediatric trauma center.J Pediatr Surg. 2015; 50: 343-346
- Pediatric dog bite injuries in Central Texas.J Pediatr Surg. 2019; 54: 1416-1420
- Incidence of dog bite injuries treated in emergency departments.JAMA. 1998; 279: 51-53
- Epidemiology of dog bites: a Belgian experience of canine behaviour and public health concerns.Vet J. 2006; 172: 482-487
- Hospitalizations for dog bite injuries.JAMA. 1999; 281: 232-233
Insurance Information Institute. "Dog bite claims nationwide increased 2.2 percent; California, Florida and Pennsylvania lead nation in number of claims", https://www.iii.org/press-release/dog-bite-claims-nationwide-increased-22-percent-california-florida-and-pennsylvania-lead-nation-in-number-of-claims-040518; 2018.
- Analysis of nonfatal dog bites in children.J Trauma. 2009; 66: S17-S22
Cohen-Manheim I, Siman-Tov M, Radomislensky I, Peleg K. Epidemiology of hospitalizations due to dog bite injuries in Israel, 2009-2016. Injury 2018.
- Dog bite injuries in the USA: prevalence, correlates and recent trends.Inj Prev. 2019; 25: 187-190
Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project. HCUP Kids' Inpatient Database (KID). In: Quality AfHRa, ed. Rockville, MD; 2006, 2009 and 2012.
- Clinical Classifications Software (CCS) for mental health and substance abuse.in: AfHRa Quality Rockville. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, MD2009
Bureau of Labor Statistics. Consumer price index inflation calculator, https://www.bls.gov/data/inflation_calculator.htm; [accessed April 20, 2018.2018].
- Standard 6: age groups for pediatric trials.Pediatrics. 2012; 129: S153-S160
- Geographic terms and concepts — census divisions and census regions.2010
Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project. KID notes: OR procedure variable, https://www.hcup-us.ahrq.gov/db/vars/orproc/kidnote.jsp; [accessed January 8th 2018.2018].
Centers for Disease C, Prevention. Nonfatal dog bite-related injuries treated in hospital emergency departments—United States, 2001. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2003;52(26):605–10.
- Dog bite injuries to the face: is there risk with breed ownership? A systematic review with meta-analysis.Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2019; 117: 182-188
- Childhood behavior disorders and injuries among children and youth: a population-based study.Pediatrics. 2003; 111: 262-269
- Injury risk factors in children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.Health Psychol. 1995; 14: 325-332
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder and adverse health outcomes.Clin Psychol Rev. 2013; 33: 215-228
- Association between ADHD drug use and injuries among children and adolescents.Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2014; 23: 95-102
- Pediatric dog bite injuries: a 5-year review of the experience at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2009; 124: 551-558
- Dog bites in New York City.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2000; 106: 987-990
- Dog bites in urban children.Pediatrics. 1991; 88: 55-57
- Which dogs bite? A case–control study of risk factors.Pediatrics. 1994; 93: 913-917
- Dog bites: how big a problem?.Inj Prev. 1996; 2: 52-54
- Analysis of dog bites in children who are younger than 17 years.Pediatrics. 2006; 117: e374-e379
Borg BA, Kato P, Gaffar I, Shanti C, Donoghue L. Utilization of imaging in the management of pediatric dog bites. Pediatrics 2018;142(1 MeetingAbstract):357-.
- Dog bite prevention: an assessment of child knowledge.J Pediatr. 2012; 160 ([e2]): 337-341
☆Funding Source: This research did not receive any specific grant from funding agencies in the public, commercial, or not-for-profit sectors.
☆☆Declarations of interest: None