- •Pilonidal disease negatively impacts adolescents’ quality of life.
- •This is the first study to evaluate the impact of a minimally invasive pilonidal protocol on self-reported QoL.
- •Negative QoL impact promptly decreased across all disease severities.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Evaluation and management of pilonidal disease.Surg Clin North Am. 2010; 90: 13-24https://doi.org/10.1016/j.suc.2009.09.006
- Pilonidal disease.Surg Clin North Am. 2002; 82: 1169-1185https://doi.org/10.1016/s0039-6109(02)00062-2
- Easy and successful treatment of pilonidal sinus after explanation of its causative process.Aust N Z J Surg. 1992; 62: 385-389https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1445-2197.1992.tb07208
- Pilonidal disease: origin from follicles of hairs and results of follicle removal as treatment.Surgery. 1980; 87: 567-572
- Comparison of postoperative quality of life of Limberg flap and Karydakis flap in pilonidal sinus operations.Turk J Surg. 2020; 36: 59-64https://doi.org/10.5578/turkjsurg.4598
- Limberg flap versus bascom cleft lift techniques for sacrococcygeal pilonidal sinus: prospective, randomized trial.World J Surg. 2013; 37 (doi.org/10.1007/s00268-013-2111-9): 2074-2080
- Recurrence of pilonidal disease: our best is not good enough.J Surg Res. 2018; 232: 430-436https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jss.2018.06.071
- The psychological wellbeing of patients following excision of a pilonidal sinus.J Wound Care. 2012; 21: 595-600https://doi.org/10.12968/jowc.2012.21.12.595
- Pit-picking resolves pilonidal disease in adolescents.J Pediatr Surg. 2019; 54: 174-176https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpedsurg.2018.10.021
- Therapie des Pilonidalsinus - ist mehr wirklich mehr? [Therapy of pilonidal sinus–is more always better].Ther Umsch. 2013; 70: 393-398https://doi.org/10.1024/0040-5930/a000423
- Improving resource utilization and outcomes using a minimally invasive pilonidal protocol.J Pediatr Surg. 2020; 55: 182-186https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpedsurg.2019.09.074
- Does technique alter quality of life after pilonidal sinus surgery?.Am J Surg. 2005; 190: 388-392
- Specialized pilonidal care: a minimally invasive alternative.J Pediatr Surg Nursing. 2019; 8: 61-71
- Research electronic data capture (REDCap)–a metadata-driven methodology and workflow process for providing translational research informatics support.J Biomed Inform. 2009; 42: 377-381https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbi.2008.08.010
- The REDCap consortium: building an international community of software platform partners.J Biomed Inform. 2019; 95103208https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbi.2019.103208
- Effects of bathing habits on postoperative wound complications following sacrococcygeal pilonidal sinus surgery: a retrospective analysis of 67 adolescent patients.Wounds. 2019; 31: 292-296
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Preventionwww.cdc.gov/nchs/nhanes/index.htmDate: 2017
Level of evidence: Level IV.
Type of study: Treatment study.