- •What is currently known about this topic?.
- •There has been significant growth in the literature highlighting inequities in access to, and outcomes of, surgical care in the United States.
- •What new information is contained in this article?.
- •We provide a set of guidelines and roadmap to help navigate this growing body of work.
Abbreviations:APSA (American Pediatric Surgical Association), DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion), NCHS (National Center for Health Statistics)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Smedley BD Stith AY Nelson AR Unequal treatment: confronting racial and ethnic disparities in health care. editors. Washington (DC): National Academies Press (US), 2003
- With understanding and improving health and objectives for improving health. 2. Washington: U. S. Government Printing Office, 2000 (Healthy People 2010) 2nd ed.
- Methodological issues in measuring health disparities.Vital Health Stat 2. 2005; 141: 1-16
- Descriptive analysis of the 2014 race-based disparities measurement literature.J Racial and Ethnic Health Disparities. 2017; 4: 796-802
- Toward a fourth generation of disparities research to achieve health equity.Annu Rev Public Health. 2011; 32: 399-416