- •TRASCET improves fetal outcomes in experimental IUGR.
- •TRACET with amniotic fluid-derived MSCs is superior to placental-derived MSCs in the rat model of IUGR.
- •Amniotic fluid-derived MSCs apparently modulate placental inflammation more than their placental-derived counterparts.
- •Reduction of placental inflammation with TRASCET leads to improved fetal outcomes in an IUGR model.
Level of Evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Telomere homeostasis in IUGR placentas - A review.Placenta. 2016; 39: 21-23
- Neonatal morbidities of fetal growth restriction: pathophysiology and impact.Front Endocrinol (Lausanne). 2019; 10: 55
- Natural killer cells mediate pathophysiology in response to reduced uterine perfusion pressure.Clin Sci (Lond). 2017; 131: 2753-2762
- Adoptive transfer of placental ischemia-stimulated natural killer cells causes a preeclampsia-like phenotype in pregnant rats.Am J Reprod Immunol. 2021; 85: e13386
- Hematogenous donor cell routing pathway after transamniotic stem cell therapy.Stem Cells Dev. 2020; 29: 755-760
- Intrauterine growth restriction (IUGR) as a potential target for transamniotic stem cell therapy.J Pediatr Surg. 2022; (in press)
- Mesenchymal stem cells inhibit natural killer-cell proliferation, cytotoxicity, and cytokine production: role of indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase and prostaglandin E2.Blood. 2008; 111: 1327-1333
- Studies of mesenchymal cells from 1st trimester human placenta: expression of cytokeratin outside the trophoblast lineage.Placenta. 1999; 20: 615-625
- Amniotic fluid and placental stem cells.Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol. 2004; 18: 877-891
- Adaptive mechanisms controlling uterine spiral artery remodeling during the establishment of pregnancy.Int J Dev Biol. 2014; 58: 247-259
- Natural killer cells direct hemochorial placentation by regulating hypoxia-inducible factor dependent trophoblast lineage decisions.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011; 108: 16295-16300
- Amniotic and placental mesenchymal stem cell isolation and culture.Methods Mol Biol. 2011; 698: 75-88
- Induction of severe intrauterine growth retardation in the Sprague-Dawley rat.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1980; 137: 43-47
- Spermidine prevents heart injury in neonatal rats exposed to intrauterine hypoxia by inhibiting oxidative stress and mitochondrial fragmentation.Oxid Med Cell Longev. 2019; 20195406468
- Intrauterine growth restriction: antenatal and postnatal aspects.Clin Med Insights Pediatr. 2016; 10: 67-83
- Neuropathology in intrauterine growth restricted newborn piglets is associated with glial activation and proinflammatory status in the brain.J Neuroinflammation. 2019; 16: 5
- Plexin-B1 signalling promotes androgen receptor translocation to the nucleus.Oncogene. 2016; 35: 1066-1072
- Mesenchymal stem cell-mediated immunosuppression occurs via concerted action of chemokines and nitric oxide.Cell Stem Cell. 2008; 2: 141-150