- •Visible swelling within the ventral part of penis during micturation should suggest possibility of an anterior urethral valve (AUV) and urethral diverticulum.
- •Voiding cystourethrography and cystoscopy are the preferred diagnostic investigations.
- •Urinary obstruction, renal dysfunction and urosepsis are possible consequences of AUVs.
Aims of Study
Level of Evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Urethral diverticulum in male with report of a case.Johns Hopk Hosp Rep. 1906; 13: 48-89
- Anterior urethral valves - a rare but challenging congenital pathology.J Pediatr Urol. 2020; 16: 585
- Anterior urethral valves: a rare cause of infravesical obstruction in children.J Pediatr Surg. 2000; 35: 556-558
- Obstructing anterior urethral valves in children.J Urol. 1978; 119: 819-821
- Congenital anterior urethral diverticulum in children.Pediatr Surg Int. 2000; 16: 565-568
- Repair of urethral diverticulum by plication.Urol. 1994; 44: 749-752
- The role of vesicostomy in the management of anterior urethral valves in neonates and infants.J Urol. 1987; 138: 107-109