Level of evidence
Abbreviations:TPN (total parenteral nutrition), ED (emergency department), NRD (Nationwide Readmissions Database), HCUP (Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Intestinal rotation anomalies.in: Hirschl PD, RR Waldhausen JJ Pediatric surgery nat. American Pediatric Surgical Association, 2021
- Midgut volvulus.StatPearls, Treasure Island (FL)2021
- Surgery for suspected rotation abnormality: selection of open vs laparoscopic surgery using a rational approach.J Pediatr Surg. 2012; 47: 904-910
- Volvulus.StatPearls, Treasure Island (FL)2021
- Implications of transfer status on bowel loss in children undergoing emergency surgery for malrotation.J Pediatr Surg. 2019; 54: 1848-1853
- The identification and treatment of intestinal malrotation in older children.Pediatr Surg Int. 2019; 35: 665-671
- Intestinal rotation abnormalities and midgut volvulus.Surg Clin North Am. 2017; 97: 147-159
Overview H. Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP), www.hcup-us.ahrq.gov/overview.jsp; [accessed August.2021].
- NRD Description of Data Elements.2021[accessed October 1, 2022)
- Malrotation of the intestine.World J Surg. 1993; 17: 326-331
- Sociodemographic factors associated with adherence to referrals from the Pediatric Emergency Department.J Emerg Med. 2020; 58: 594-602
- Pediatric incidental appendectomy: a systematic review.Pediatr Surg Int. 2016; 32: 321-335
- More evidence against appendectomy at the time of a Ladd procedure.J Pediatr Surg. 2022;
- Outcomes of surgical treatment of malrotation in children.Afr J Paediatr Surg. 2011; 8: 8-11
- Long-term complications following intestinal malrotation and the Ladd's procedure: a 15 year review.Pediatr Surg Int. 2006; 22: 326-329
- A review of racial/ethnic disparities in pediatric trauma care, treatment, and outcomes.J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2019; 86: 540-550
- Epidemiology of pediatric surgery in the United States.Paediatr Anaesth. 2020; 30: 1083-1090
- Disparities in pediatric mortality by neighborhood income in United States Emergency Departments.J Pediatr. 2020; 219 (209-15 e3)
- Association of socioeconomic characteristics with where children receive emergency care.Pediatr Emerg Care. 2020;
- Health outcomes in US children with abdominal pain at major emergency departments associated with race and socioeconomic status.PLoS ONE. 2015; 10e0132758
- Effects of race, insurance status, and hospital volume on perforated appendicitis in children.Pediatrics. 2005; 115: 920-925
- The effect of race on outcomes for appendicitis in children: a nationwide analysis.Am J Surg. 2014; 207 (discussion 53): 748-753
- Health literacy for children and families.Br J Clin Pharmacol. 2021;
- African Americans and their distrust of the health care system: healthcare for diverse populations.J Cult Divers. 2007; 14: 56-60
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
Previous Communication: Presented at the 2021 American Academy of Pediatrics Conference in the Section on Surgery.