- •What is current known about this topic?
- •Rise in telehealth adoption during COVID-19 highlights need for pediatric care adaptability.
- •What new information is contained in this article?
- •Telehealth pediatric pre-op evaluations non-inferiority to in-person, per patient experience scores and access.
Level of evidence
Abbreviations:A. PGAS (Press Ganey Ambulatory Surgery Survey), B. IP (In person Visit), C. IP/VV (In Person and Virtual), D. VV (Virtual)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Telemedicine for pediatric urological postoperative care is safe, convenient and economical.J Urol. 2020; 204: 144-148https://doi.org/10.1097/JU.0000000000000750
- Health economic analysis of postoperative video telemedicine visits to patients’ homes.Telemed E-Health. 2021; 27: 635-640https://doi.org/10.1089/tmj.2020.0257
- Utilization and adequacy of telemedicine for outpatient pediatric surgical care.J Surg Res. 2022; 278: 179-189https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jss.2022.04.060
- Telemedicine for pediatric surgical outpatient follow-up: a prospective, randomized single-center trial.J Pediatr Surg. 2019; 54: 200-207https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpedsurg.2018.10.014
- Rural health, telemedicine and access for pediatric surgery.Curr Opin Pediatr. 2019; 31: 391-398https://doi.org/10.1097/MOP.0000000000000763
- Economic evaluation of teledentistry in cleft lip and palate patients.Telemed E-Health. 2018; 24: 449-456https://doi.org/10.1089/tmj.2017.0138
Zoom video Communications, Inc. https://zoom.us/
- Patient experience platform | press Ganey.(Accessed April 21)
- Multiple regression approach to analyzing contingency tables: post hoc and planned comparison procedures.J Exp Educ. 1995; 64: 79-93https://doi.org/10.1080/00220973.1995.9943797
- Psychometric properties of the press Ganey® outpatient medical practice survey.Health Qual Life Outcome. 2017; 15: 32https://doi.org/10.1186/s12955-017-0610-3
- Psychometric testing of a measure of patient experience in an ambulatory surgery setting.J Ambul Care Manag. 2019; 42: 27-36https://doi.org/10.1097/JAC.0000000000000264
- CMS approves primary care first patient surveys | press Ganey.(Accessed June 1)https://www.pressganey.com/about-us/news/press-ganey-receives-cms-approval-administer-primary-care-first-patient-experience-careDate: 2022
- Telemedicine in otolaryngology during COVID-19: patient and physician satisfaction.Otolaryngol Neck Surg. 2021; 01945998211041921 (Published online)https://doi.org/10.1177/01945998211041921
- Impact of telemedicine in pediatric postoperative care.Telemed E-Health. 2019; 25: 1083-1089https://doi.org/10.1089/tmj.2018.0246
- Patient and provider perspectives on pediatric telemedicine during the COVID-19 pandemic.Telemed Rep. 2021; 2: 293-297https://doi.org/10.1089/tmr.2021.0032
- Examining the utility of preoperative telemedicine care across multiple pediatric surgery disciplines.J Surg Res. 2022; 277: 138-147https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jss.2022.02.023
- Telemedicine: pediatric applications.Pediatrics. 2015; 136: e293-e308https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2015-1517
- A longitudinal comparison of telemedicine versus in-person otolaryngology clinic efficiency and patient satisfaction during COVID-19.Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 2021; 3 (Published online December)00034894211055349https://doi.org/10.1177/00034894211055349
- Comparison of patient satisfaction between virtual visits during the COVID-19 pandemic and in-person visits pre-pandemic.Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 2021; 130: 810-817https://doi.org/10.1177/0003489420977766
- Evaluation of patient experience during virtual and in-person urgent care visits: time and cost analysis.J Patient Exp. 2021; 82374373520981487https://doi.org/10.1177/2374373520981487
- Effects of telemedicine on pediatric clinical care during COVID-19.Pediatr Ann. 2021; 50: e503-e508https://doi.org/10.3928/19382359-20211110-01
- Use of telehealth across pediatric subspecialties before and during the COVID-19 pandemic.JAMA Netw Open. 2022; 5e224759https://doi.org/10.1001/jamanetworkopen.2022.4759