- •What is currently known about this topic?
What new information is contained in this article?
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Embryonic development of the mammalian caudal neural tube.Teratology. 1993; 48: 21-31https://doi.org/10.1002/tera.1420480106
- Genetic and nongenetic etiology of nonsyndromic anorectal malformations: a systematic review.Birth Defects Res C Embryo Today. 2014; 102: 382-400https://doi.org/10.1002/bdrc.21068
- Correlation between magnetic resonance imaging findings after posterior sagittal anorectoplasty for anorectal malformations and the clinical outcome: Preliminary report.J Pediatr Surg. 2016; 51: 1859-1863https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpedsurg.2016.07.009
- Long-term disease-specific quality of life in children and adolescent patients with ARM.J Pediatr Surg. 2012; 47: 1317-1322https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpedsurg.2012.01.068
- Treatment of fecal incontinence with a comprehensive bowel management program.J Pediatr Surg. 2009; 44 (; discussion 83-4): 1278-1283https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpedsurg.2009.02.047
- Quality of life for children with fecal incontinence after surgically corrected anorectal malformation.J Pediatr Surg. 2000; 35: 462-464https://doi.org/10.1016/s0022-3468(00)90215-x
- Quality of life in children and adolescents with anorectal malformation.Pediatric surgery international. 2013; 29: 925-930https://doi.org/10.1007/s00383-013-3359-8
- Critical factors affecting quality of life of adult patients with anorectal malformations or Hirschsprung's disease.Am J Gastroenterol. 2004; 99: 907-913https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1572-0241.2004.04149.x
- Factors affecting short-term neurodevelopmental outcome in children operated on for major congenital anomalies.J Pediatr Surg. 2015; 50: 1125-1129https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpedsurg.2014.12.015
- Early developmental assessment of children with major non-cardiac congenital anomalies predicts development at the age of 5 years.Dev Med Child Neurol. 2010; 52: 1154-1159https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1469-8749.2010.03772.x
- Major neonatal surgery: psychosocial consequence of the patient and mothers.J Pediatr Surg. 2016; 51: 364-367https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpedsurg.2015.09.017
- Neurodevelopmental outcome of patients with congenital gastrointestinal malformations: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed. 2021; 106: 635-642https://doi.org/10.1136/archdischild-2021-322158
- Current clinical evidence on the effect of general anesthesia on neurodevelopment in children: an updated systematic review with meta-regression.PLoS One. 2014; 9e85760https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0085760
- Quality of life after operatively corrected high anorectal malformation: a long-term follow-up study of patients aged 18 years and older.J Pediatr Surg. 1994; 29: 773-776https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-3468(94)90367-0
- Psychosocial factors affecting quality of life in patients with anorectal malformation and Hirschsprung disease-a qualitative systematic review.J Pediatr Surg. 2022; 57: 387-393https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpedsurg.2021.05.004
- Does mothers' perception of social support mediate the relationship between fecal incontinence and quality of life of the child?.Pediatric surgery international. 2013; 29: 919-923https://doi.org/10.1007/s00383-013-3358-9
- Levator ani asymmetry and deviation in high-type anorectal malformation evaluated by magnetic resonance imaging.Pediatric surgery international. 2022; 38: 749-753https://doi.org/10.1007/s00383-022-05104-3
- Long-term follow-up of functional outcome in patients with a cloacal malformation: a systematic review.J Pediatr Surg. 2013; 48: 2343-2350https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpedsurg.2013.08.027
- Anorectal malformation with rectobladder neck fistula: A distinct and challenging malformation.J Pediatr Surg. 2016; 51: 1592-1596https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpedsurg.2016.06.001
- Five-minute Apgar score and educational outcomes: retrospective cohort study of 751,369 children.Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed. 2016; 101: F121-F126https://doi.org/10.1136/archdischild-2015-308483
- Association of Apgar score at 5 minutes with academic performance and intelligence in youth: A cohort study.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2022; 101: 303-312https://doi.org/10.1111/aogs.14320
- Apgar scores at 5 minutes after birth in relation to school performance at 16 years of age.Obstet Gynecol. 2011; 118: 201-208https://doi.org/10.1097/AOG.0b013e31822200eb
- A cohort study of low Apgar scores and cognitive outcomes.Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed. 2008; 93: F115-F120https://doi.org/10.1136/adc.2007.123745
- Ongoing care for the patient with an anorectal malfromation; transitioning to adulthood.Semin Pediatr Surg. 2020; 29150991https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sempedsurg.2020.150991
- Self-efficacy beliefs, faecal incontinence and health-related quality of life in patients born with anorectal malformations.Colorectal Dis. 2018; 20: 711-718https://doi.org/10.1111/codi.14259
- A survey of adults with anorectal malformations: perspectives on educational, vocational, and psychosocial experiences.Pediatric surgery international. 2019; 35: 953-961https://doi.org/10.1007/s00383-019-04508-y