Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Trust in physicians and medical institutions: What is it, can it be measured, and does it matter?.Milbank. 2001; 79: 613-639https://doi.org/10.1111/1468-0009.00223
- A matter of trust--patient's views on decision-making in colorectal cancer.Health Expect. 2004; 7: 104-114https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1369-7625.2004.00257.x
- Cancer patients’ trust in their physician - a review.Psychooncology. 2011; 20: 227-241https://doi.org/10.1002/pon.1745
- Assessment of trust in physician: a systematic review of measures.PloS ONE. 2014; 9e106844https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0106844
- Patients’ trust in physicians: Many theories, few measures, and little data.J Gen Intern Med. 2000; 15: 509-513https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1525-1497.2000.11002.x
- Physician behaviors that predict patient trust.J Fam Pract. 2001; 50 (PMID: 11300984): 323-328
LoCurto J, Berg GM. Trust in healthcare settings: Scale development, methods, and preliminary determinants. SAGE Open Med. 2016;4: 2050312116664224. doi: 10.1177/2050312116664224.
- The effect of complications on the patient-surgeon relationship after colorectal cancer surgery.Surgery. 2014; 155: 841-850https://doi.org/10.1016/j.surg.2013.12.011
- Scoping studies: towards a methodological framework.Int J Soc Res Methodol. 2005; 8: 19-32https://doi.org/10.1080/1364557032000119616
University of Auckland. Thematic analysis, https://www.psych.auckland.ac.nz/en/about/thematic-analysis.html; 2006 [accessed 7 January 2022].
- Design of a questionnaire to measure trust in an emergency department.Acad Emerg Med. 2005; 12: 147-151https://doi.org/10.1197/j.aem.2003.01.002
Clinical Leadership for Practicing Physicians. Reliability or Dependability, https://www.practicingmdleaders.com/reliability-or-dependability.html; 2020 [accessed 1 November 2021].
- Trust, risk and race in American medicine.Hastings Cent Rep. 2020; 50: 18-26https://doi.org/10.1002/hast.1080
- From empathy to caring: defining the ideal approach to a healing relationship.Yale J Biol Med. 2007; 80 (PMID: 18299724): 123-130
- Language matters: race, trust, and outcomes in the pediatric emergency department.Pediatr Emerg Care. 2016; 32: 222-226https://doi.org/10.1097/PEC.0000000000000453
- Building trust through communication in the intensive care unit: HICCC.Pediatr Crit Care Med. 2010; 11: 278-284https://doi.org/10.1097/PCC.0b013e3181b8088b
- Therapeutic alliance between bereaved parents and physicians in the PICU.Pediatr Crit Care Med. 2021; 22: e243-e252https://doi.org/10.1097/PCC.0000000000002585
- Trust in physician among patients presenting with chest pain or pediatric blunt head trauma.Acad Emerg Med. 2020; 27: S131https://doi.org/10.1111/acem.13961
- Parents' trust in their child's physician: using an adapted Trust in Physician Scale.Ambul Pediatr. 2006; 6: 58-61https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ambp.2005.08.001
- Application of the Reina Trust and Betrayal Model to the experience of pediatric critical care clinicians.Am J Crit Care. 2010; 19: e41-e51https://doi.org/10.4037/ajcc2010323
- Parents' experiences of their child being admitted to a paediatric intensive care unit: a qualitative study-like being in another world.Scand J Caring Sci. 2018; 32: 363-370https://doi.org/10.1111/scs.12470
- Surgical decision-making in infants with suspected UPJ obstruction: stakeholder perspectives.J Pediatr Urol. 2019; 15: 469.e1-469.e9https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpurol.2019.05.027
- A pilot study of a measure of parental trust in pediatric emergency department care teams.Acad Pediatr. 2021; 21: 504-512https://doi.org/10.1016/j.acap.2020.09.005
- Parental emotional and hands‐on work—Experiences of parents with a newborn undergoing congenital heart surgery: A qualitative study.J Spec Pediatr Nurs. 2019; 24e12269https://doi.org/10.1111/jspn.12269
- Parents’ and healthcare professionals’ perceptions of the quality of care: A PITSTOP model of caring.Nurs Forum. 2019; 54: 661-668https://doi.org/10.1111/nuf.12391
- Trust in the medical profession among adolescents in an emergency department.Pediatr Emerg Care. 2020; 36: e125-e128https://doi.org/10.1097/PEC.0000000000001133
- The PRISMA 2020 statement: an updated guideline for reporting systematic reviews.BMJ. 2021; 372: n71https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.n71