- •What is currently known about this topic?
- 2.What new information is contained in this article?
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Global, regional, and national causes of child mortality in 2000-13, with projections to inform post-2015 priorities: an updated systematic analysis.Lancet. 2015; 385: 430-440
- Gastroschisis in Uganda: Opportunities for Improved Survival.Journal of pediatric surgery. 2016; (in press)
- The etiological spectrum of bowel obstruction and early postoperative outcome among neonates at a tertiary hospital in Uganda.World J Pediatric Surgery. 2022; 5e000377
- Burden of Surgical Infections in a Tertiary-Care Pediatric Surgery Service in Uganda.Surgical infections. 2020; 21: 130-135
- Mortality from gastrointestinal congenital anomalies at 264 hospitals in 74 low-income, middle-income, and high-income countries: a multicentre, international, prospective cohort study.Lancet. 2021; 398: 325-339
- Challenges of management and outcome of neonatal surgery in Africa: a systematic review.Pediatric surgery international. 2016; 32: 291-299
- Outcomes and unmet need for neonatal surgery in a resource-limited environment: Estimates of global health disparities from Kampala, Uganda.Journal of pediatric surgery. 2014; 49: 1825-1830
- Neonatal surgery in Africa.Seminars in pediatric surgery. 2012; 21: 151-159
- Congenital anomalies in the context of global surgery.Seminars in pediatric surgery. 2016; 25: 15-18
- Barriers to Pediatric Surgical Care in Low-Income Countries: The Three Delays' Impact in Uganda.The Journal of surgical research. 2019; 242: 193-199
- Metabolism and nutrition in the surgical neonate.Seminars in pediatric surgery. 2008; 17: 276-284
- Epidemiology, management and outcome of gastroschisis in Sub-Saharan Africa: Results of an international survey.African journal of paediatric surgery : AJPS. 2015; 12: 1-6
- Risk of parenteral nutrition in neonates--an overview.Nutrients. 2012; 4: 1490-1503
WHO. Comprehensive implementation plan on maternal, infant and. young child nutrition. Geneva, Switzerlad: WHO Publications; 2014. 30 p.
- Predicting Morbidity and Mortality in Neonates Born With Gastroschisis.The Journal of surgical research. 2020; 245: 217-224
- Burden and Outcomes of Neonatal Surgery in Uganda: Results of a Five-Year Prospective Study.The Journal of surgical research. 2020; 246: 93-99
- Best Buy in Public Health or Luxury Expense?: The Cost-effectiveness of a Pediatric Operating Room in Uganda From the Societal Perspective.Annals of surgery. 2021; 273: 379-386
Wesonga AaS, M. , editor Reducing gastroschisis mortality: a quality improvement initiative at a Ugandan Pediatric surgery unit. . Pan African Pediatric Surgical Association (PAPSA) Conference; 2018 November 2018; Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- A Gastroschisis bundle: effects of a quality improvement protocol on morbidity and mortality.Journal of pediatric surgery. 2018; 53: 2117-2122
- Management of Gastroschisis: Kenyan perspective.East African Medical Journal. 2017; 94: 664-670
- Electrolyte Abnormalities in Neonates with Probable and Culture-Proven Sepsis and its Association with Neonatal Mortality.J Coll Physicians Surg Pak. 2018; 28: 206-209
- The relationship between preoperative nutritional state and adverse outcome following abdominal and thoracic surgery in children: Results from the NSQIP database.Journal of pediatric surgery. 2018; 53: 1046-1051
- Measuring malnutrition and its impact on pediatric surgery outcomes: A NSQIP-P analysis.Journal of pediatric surgery. 2021; 56: 439-445
- Effect of timing of enteral feeding on outcome in gastroschisis.Journal of pediatric surgery. 2013; 48: 971-976
- The effect of postoperative intravenous feeding (TPN) on outcome following major surgery evaluated in a randomized study.Annals of surgery. 1993; 217: 185-195
- Historical highlights of the development of total parenteral nutrition.The Surgical clinics of North America. 2011; 91: 693-717
- Complications associated with parenteral nutrition in the neonate.Clin Perinatol. 2014; 41: 331-345
- Surgical Neonatal Sepsis in Developing Countries.J Neonatal Surg. 2015; 4: 41
- Central-line-associated bloodstream infections in a resource-limited South African neonatal intensive care unit.South African medical journal = Suid-Afrikaanse tydskrif vir geneeskunde. 2017; 107: 758-762